Fundamental Rules For Composing A Mathematics Undergraduate Dissertation
Without any shadow of doubt, working on a mathematics dissertation is time consuming, energy draining and something that could even take away your social life. In truth, this can be avoided with proper time management and positive attitude towards working on your writing project. Take in mind that your undergraduate dissertation serves as a very vital overview of what you have been studying, so it is just right for you to ensure that you write it as if you’re attempting to expound the field of statistics or mathematics which you’ve been looking at to a fellow pupil.
Here are some fundamental rules when dealing with your mathematics undergraduate dissertation:
- Include an introduction that expounds what the task is about and of course this is where the contents are discussed.
- Take into account that your thesis must be deemed as a self-contained piece of task that is coherent as well.
- Your composition must adhere to the highest standard of English. What is more, it is pivotal to aim for precision, clarity as well as correct grammar. Sentences must be started with capital letters and finish them with periods. It is not advised to begin your sentences using symbols.
- Be very exit careful when it comes to bibliographic referencing. Take note that it must be clear to your readers wherever some materials come with external source. Do not simultaneously affix your reference list with references which aren’t mentioned in the text. It is very crucial to check current journals for referencing styles that are acceptable.
- Avoid plagiarism. It is worth mentioning that what incorporates plagiarism is probable a little distinct in statistics and mathematics as compared to a few other subjects mainly because there is no restriction to how distinct you might be able to make evidence.
However, it is expected that the report is written in the writer’s own words. Cite the idea or fact you obtained from others in a proper approach so as to avoid any issues of plagiarism. Do not take them as your own.
- Needless to say, your dissertation must be written in English. To put simply, it must not be in the form of sequences or rough notes that comprise of unexplained mathematical formulas. Take into consideration that there are many points of style that are exclusive to writing mathematics.
- When it comes to working on edits and proofreading, see to it to read your work with a critical eye and ensure that you make the appropriate revisions.