A Complete Manual on Writing a Doctoral Dissertation in Archaeology
When writing your dissertation in archaeology, it is important that you follow certain guidelines and patterns. This will create a much more meaningful and clearer view of the contents of the research for the committee to read. Here are some of the initial guidelines for doctoral dissertation writing as follows:
Points to Remember
- Initially, you should be able to present your opening statement in a concise and clear manner. Do not hesitate to use bullet points to make your ideas known in a much more orderly fashion. This way, the readers will not have difficulty going through the data as quickly as possible.
- Secondly, you should not forget to include any citations and references within the text as well as in your bibliography. It is extremely important for you to be able to cite sources because this will prevent any fraudulent entities from directly copying your work without proper acknowledgment. You will also be safe from any similar issues in the long run if you adopt a good bibliographic style.
- Additionally, you should be able to make use of all the resources at your disposal. In today’s modern age, it would not be difficult to find reputable sources of information regarding archaeological finds that may seem relevant to your study. Do not hesitate to explore all resources that you can get your hands on. This will provide the meat of your study.
- Going back to your problem, upon stating your problem, you should be able to deduce the solution at the end of your exploratory study. You should be able to arrive at an acceptable competition regarding your initial statement.
- For example, if you are trying to compare and contrast certain archaeological finds as opposed to historical value, you should be able to support all your findings with empirical data as much as possible. This way, you will be able to give justice to your findings without difficulty. You also have to be certain about specific data that you are going to present. This way, you will prevent your study from being contaminated by unsupported data.
These are just some of the major points to remember when it comes to writing your own research paper on archaeological finds. It is important that you can show scientific proof of any findings that you might yield to after the study because your dissertation will be used by future generations for sure. In this regard, it should be informative and extensive enough to become a viable source of educational data in the years to come.